Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whats Going On

We have a busy day today, have appointments in Lubbock, its going to be a big busy day. Then back tonight for KFC, (Kids For Christ) and Church tonight, one of the AIMers is coming to teach our class tonight. We have been practicing LTC each Sunday with the kids. It seems that each year it gets harder and harder to get things together, but we are doing good this year, time just seems to fly by. We go to LTC on the 10th of April. The week before Cheryl and I will be gone on a trip that we got through Insurance Sales, we are coming back on Thursday and then leaving on that Friday for LTC. It's going to be a crazy time.

One of my good friends lost their wife this week to cancer. He called me yesterday and asked me to be a pallbearer at the funeral Thursday, I was honored. We worked at Swisher Electric together. We pulled call together every six weeks. Working together during thunderstorms and snow storms at 2:00am, you get to know each other really well. I pray for him today, that God gives him comfort, I know that he is hurting.

Kyla has a track meet here on Thursday. The weather is not going to be good, but that is part of track I guess. She usually runs the sprint relay and the 880 relay, but there are several girls hurt so there will be no sprint relay or 880 relay. She will do the Long Jump, triple Jump, 100, and 220. It's going to be cold and maybe snowing and raining. Open house at her school was last night. I sometimes do not understand our school system, but oh well, I get this way every year around the time she takes the TAKS. She is being taught to pass a test, not learning. Sorry, I will move on!

I have been struggling lately with how to handle some things with in our youth group. How do I handle some things that come up? How do I react to certain things? One of our AIM kids told me something Sunday that made me think. How did Jesus handle some things that he came across. He handled them with Love. He never stoped loving those that made mistakes. Our youth and teens are going to make mistakes, we must handle those things with Love. I pray that God gives me patience and understanding, and helps me to Love during times of difficulty. I ask all of you to pray for our teens, there is so much going on in their lives it is amazing that they handle it as well as they do.

No comments: