Saturday, March 21, 2009

House Divided



Our house is divided today. Duke plays Texas in the 2ND round of the NCAA tournament. I have been a fan of Duke basketball since I can remember. My daughter (Kyla) is a Texas fan. I think she really likes Texas just because I do not like them. So for today our house is divided, I will be cheering on my Blue Devils and she will be cheering on her Longhorns. Dylan will be on my side and Cheryl will be caught in the middle. GO DUKE!!!
I love this time of year, March Madness, best time to watch sports, (get with it Trey Morgan) The following is my sports outlook:


1) I like college sports more than pro: College games are much more exciting, the players really want to do good, and want to win. The atmosphere at a college game is so much better than pro: Pro players get paid regardless if they win or lose and they ALL have that attitude: I know that there are some college teams breaking rules and paying kids to come to their school and I hate that part of it. But the game still is much more exciting than any pro game. You can feel the school spirit in most college games, even through television, but especially if you are there. Pro games are just kinda, yeah we gotta play today and then we can get out million dollar checks:

2) I just don't watch much pro football or basketball: I will watch the Superbowl, and the NBA finals, but that is really about it:

3) My favorite basketball teams: Duke of course: I also like Tech men's and women's: And yes I am an Aggie fan as well: I like North Carolina if they are not playing Duke: I like anyone who BEATS UT!!!
My favorite Pro basketball team is the LA Lakers: I will watch them some but not much until the NBA finals and I still get frustrated watching Pro.

4) My favorite football teams: Texas A&M is my team (they will be back someday, and I wait patiently) I also like Tech, except when they play A&M: Oklahoma is OK: And again I like anyone who is playing UT!!
I have a love hate relationship with the Dallas Cowboys: I have gotten to where I like to see them lose more than I like to see them win. I have decided that I don't think much of Tony Romo: When Troy Aikman, Jay Novacheck and Emmit Smith were there I loved the Cowboys, but these new guys have ruined the team. So I really do not have pro football team that I care for:

5) I got into NASCAR some in the last few years, but have not really watched it in a while, I was the fan that wanted to see the wrecks, and that was not good. Although I am in a Fantasy League, that I really am not very good at picking the drivers. Trey said I needed to confess my NASCAR sins and I would do better. But I could not give into Jeff Gordon: I decided that I cheer only for Dale JR., because it bothers Trey so much.

6) I have to mention as well that I like to watch women's basketball: Although you do not have the dunks, if you really watch the women, most of them have more talent than the men do. My women's teams are: Duke: Tennessee: Tech:
I don't get to watch them much but these girls can play some ball.
Of course my favorite is watching my Kyla play b-ball, even though she is a Longhorn fan. She can bust those 3 pointers:

1 comment:

TREY MORGAN said...

You kill me, man! ;)