Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation

We got back from vacation on Tuesday night. We had been gone for about a week to Missouri. We wanted to go some where different, some where we had not been before, so we chose to go up around Kansas City. We took the kids to a park kinda like Six Flags. Dylan rode his first big roller coaster. He rode it with Kyla, she is the queen of roller coasters. He would not get on the REALLY BIG one with her, so she rode it by herself. I am not a fan of roller coasters or of theme parks, they charged me $10.00 just to park!, but the kids really had fun and that is what it is about.

We spent a lot of good time together as a family and got away from pressures of work and just every day stuff. It is hard to believe that Kyla will be a Freshman, we only have 4 more years with her, so these times away with just the family are important. I know that the next 4 years will fly by. I asked her if she was going to leave me in 4 years, she said, "yes but I will come back and visit, and you will always be my daddy." That day will be hard on me.

Our summer has been busy, Kyla has played a lot of basketball, seems like every weekend we were going somewhere to watch her play. Then all during the month of June she played on Tuesday and Thursday's in Littlefeild with the Naz. girls. I am hoping that it will slow down for us for a while. Kyla will go to Church camp in a couple of weeks and be gone for a week. Cheryl and I are not going this year, we have had so much going on we had to cut some things out. QMCC with temps. over 100 was at the top of my list to cut.

Its hard to get back into the grove of things after a vacation. Our business is going very good. We are very blessed. I am not sure what will happen if Obama gets his government run health care passed. I keep telling myself that God is in control. Looking at what is proposed by the Obama administration, government run health care would not be good for anyone. Many think that this would not effect them, but it will. In recent days I have sent e-mails and letters to congressmen, urging them to look outside of the box when it comes to health care. Our current system needs help, but lets fix what does not work, and leave what does work alone. I strongly believe that government run health care will force many out of jobs, and make our unemployment go up to numbers that we have never seen before. We all need to take a stand, and let our Representatives know how we feel. Obama keeps saying that if you like what you have that you will be able to keep it. Trust me that will not be the case, business's will go to the government run health care to save money, and force employees to take that option, regardless of what is best for you. This in turn will put insurance companies out of business, therefore layoffs and people out of jobs.
Did not mean for this post to be political, but please pray for our country and for what is before the congress.
One other thing that is going on, my eyes have really been bothering me lately. So I made an appointment with our eye doctor. He told me I needed bifocals. I thought only people over 60 wore bifocals. I am going to try contacts for a while and see if I like them. I hope that they help my see better, things have been a bit blurry at times and hard to focus on. I guess I am just getting old!
Hope that you all have a blessed day and week!

No comments: